Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopi   06 November 2017


My marriage was performed in India without any Hindu rituals like saptapadi etc and latter there were differences and then after 5 years I married another indian girl in usa after becoming citizen of USA. Now if the woman in india files a bigamy case what are the consequences I will be facing, remedies if any. Please suggest


 3 Replies

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     06 November 2017

Offence is bailable and also compoundable  as per indian law.


Jaspal S Maini(Adv)


test123   06 November 2017

google--> marriage register & no saptapadi.

you need to deny that she is legally your wedded wife.

your ex can not be sitting idel for this long.


Gopi   07 November 2017

This case is going to be in Hyderabad. So whoever replies please make sure you are from hyderabad. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query