Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardik   23 October 2023

Big house built on revenue site (green belt) but got e-khata (a)

There is a big house (2500 sq feet) built on a 4000 sqt feet revenue site in Bangalore in an unapproved layout. From what I know, we cannot build such big house on revenue site.

However owner managed to get an E Khata (A). I wonder how is this possible since we get A Khata only if everything is approved and legal. Can anyone share insights into it?

Advocate said that this will go in Akrama / Sakrama. 

Any suggestions? Will this create issue for us in the future

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2023

Have you seen the A khata physically and whether you verified it's genuineness through the BBMP website?

If not please ascertain the facts first instead of listening to false information.

All E-khatas are not A khata.

Without construction plan approval the owner would not be able to obtain A khata, hence you obtain a second opinion from a different advocate before venturing into the proposed purchase.

Hardik   24 October 2023

Yes, I have also downloaded the Khata online, just to be sure. It's an A Khata and genuine one. It also has photo of the house that is built by the owner.

Since it is a revenue site, according to the Karnataka act "The farm building or farm house so erected shall not be more then 10% of landholding". In this case, the owner has built a 2500 sq feet house in 4000 sq feet of agricultural land, which is a clear violation. Along with that, the layout is also not converted, and it is an agricultural one. The seller owns one of the plots in that agricultural layout.

Even after this violation, somehow, the seller managed to get A Khata with a house photo in it. I wonder how it can be? Is it risky to trust A khata nowadays?

I believe this will cause issues for future buyers.

I managed to get it checked with 2 advocate, both told "Go Ahead", one advocate told that Akrama/Sakrama will be applicable and second told everything is fine. But my research suggests otherwise and I feel it is very risky.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 October 2023

Karnataka has a functioning Lok Ayukta. The issue could be taken up with them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register