LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

revribhav (Hindi)     06 April 2014

Beware of fake pen drive

I renetly came across a pair of Fake Pen Drive by way of an advertisement online.

The best way to identify the fake pen drive (which looks almost the same as genuine in the attached packing) is to format the pen drive.

1. A fake pen drive would either refuse to format (stuck at 99%) or would be extremely slow.

2. The seller of fake pen drive  shall not give you a bill /cash memo

3. Do not be duped by cheap price of the FAKE pen drive.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2014

Avoid buying online from sellers that are difficult to be traced.

Buy from authorized distributor and obtain proper BILL.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     06 April 2014

Even if bought from a retailer,  always demand invoice/bill.

A year back my friend bought a 32gb pen drive without bill as it was sold for just Rs.200 less. It was purchased from a vendor selling pen drives near a small shop in richie street and that guy has told my friend that he works in that shop. It was seal packed and light weight but friend was very innocent, bought the same and it failed to work when he came home. He brought it to me and shocked to hear that it was fake. 

Some fake drives would atleast show less capacity. That was not the case here. The PCB itself is fake one, in simple terms its just a toy and when inserted the PC will not give any response. Friend is poor and he was not able to digest this. The following day he made to the shop to see that rogue was missing.

So beware even when purchased in retail shops..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register