Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     02 October 2009

Best method to pay homage to great souls

Friends,

Is declaration of holiday best method to pay homage to great souls?

I think, on birthdays of great souls people should work with extra enthusiasm and for extra time with an spirit of voluntary contribution in betterment of the nation and as a mark of respect to those souls. Holidays should be restricted to traditional festivals to let the people enjoy with family and friends.

Kindly suggest if  you have any other idea in this  regard .

Learning

4 Replies

Arun Krishnan (Student)     03 October 2009

I agree to you.There is no point in taking holidays and paying homage.For eg: October 2 should not be a holiday.In fact it is not a day to celebrate but to remember.. and remembering Gandhi by sitting lazy at home watching a movie seems to be totally unfair.Remembering such public spirited souls like this is like spitting on their sack-cloth and ashes..Days like this should be made a little more productive.

1 Like

Arun Krishnan (Student)     03 October 2009

I agree to you.There is no point in taking holidays and paying homage.For eg: October 2 should not be a holiday.In fact it is not a day to celebrate but to remember.. and remembering Gandhi by sitting lazy at home watching a movie seems to be totally unfair.Remembering such public spirited souls like this is like spitting on their sack-cloth and ashes..Days like this should be made a little more productive.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     03 October 2009

Great Soul will be satisfied,  by the implimentaion of his  thoughts ,  by his followers ,

not by Holidays !

1 Like

A Truthseeker ( A retired Indian citizen)     17 January 2010

existence of Sundays means that we require rest. the monotony of work also suggests that we should take rest sometimes . the maxim the measure of leisure is the measure of civilisation also strongly favours the idea of holidays at intervals. only the Sundays are not sufficient. if we are to avail leave and holidays is it not better to enjoy it on th e occasion of the bithday of a Great man?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register