Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mirza Zabi Ali Baig (Student)     28 July 2010

bc-e caste certificate


I am from Hyderabad AP and some one told me that because of the names Mirza and Baig in my name i am not eligible for a caste certificate. I belong to lower middle class and do not know how this is applicable to me.

Please help for my engineering counselling is going to start very soon,



 27 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     28 July 2010

If the community you belong is listed as SC,BC or OBC in your state. contact the certificate issuing authority with proof and apply for the certificate.Though the name factor is one among the factors, it is not the only criterion to decide your commun ity.Your school records are best identity  for the community.

abrar (business analyst)     13 August 2010

Heloo sir,

Iam a muslim, belongs to shaik, i got my bc-e certficate from my town,i want to apply for government jobs in state as well as centre,i just wanted to know whether we comes under obc or not, if yes iam i eligible to apply jobs in state and centre,  iam really confused about this,please help me out from this, i will be very grateful to you,thanking you in advance,looking for your earliest the reservation for muslims still existing ??

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     13 August 2010

The mandal commisson has approved the OBC list. Almost all communities in the state lisat find place in the Mandal list.You have to verify the community and apply for the obc certificate.

Ahmed Qureshi (student)     30 August 2010

Respected Sir,

I am Muslim from hyderabad AP, i belong to the QURESHI community, i got an BC-E certificate from mandal office but as i wanted to pursue higher studies in other states, i asked the officer to issue me a OBC certificate as qureshi is listed in the "Central list of OBC under the entry number 62 ", when i showed him the central list of OBC's he said we ahve already given you BC-E, we cant give you OBC certificate, i tried to explain him that qureshis are included in the central list of OBC's but he asked to get the G.O. about that.............please guide me as i have no clue about the GO... i will be thankfull to you..

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     30 August 2010

The central OBC list is the guideline for issue of OBC certificate. No separaate G.O need be issued. You can meet the competent authority for the issue of certificate and explain the situation.

1 Like

Ahmed Qureshi (student)     30 August 2010

Thanks for such a quick reply sir,

Can i have Both BC-E and OBC certificates as i told you previously "Qureshi" is listed in the central list of OBCs for the state of AP under the entry number 62 .

so, can i have BC-E certificate for the state of AP and OBC certificate for the other states.

Thanks and Regards.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 September 2010

O K., OBC certificate is for applying jobs with central Government . Each state has its own list of BC s and not considering the other state list .

shukurpasha (student)     05 September 2010

hello sir my name is md.ankushawali i belong to bc-b caste (dudekula) indian muslim ......i want to apply for bc-e certificate is iam eligible are not ....becoz i want to put the certificate in my eamcet counsiling.................

irshad (student)     15 September 2010



Heloo sir,

I am a muslim, belongs to shaik, i got my bc-e certficate from my MRO HYDERABAD ,i just wanted to know whether we comes under OBC or not


Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     15 September 2010

contact the authority who issued the BC certificate who will let you know whether the community is listed under the OBC category.You can apply for the OBC certificate, since you cannot furnish the same for concession with the central Government departments.I suppose the Engineering colleges are governed by the State, you can produce the BC certificate.

sarmad (engineer)     18 September 2010


Does bc-e certificate  valid for government jobs.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     18 September 2010



hello sir i am ali md yakub baig from andhra pradesh...i have bc-e reservation and it is recognised by the mandal tahasildar......i have doubt that is i am applicable for apply for the central govt jibs for claming reservation

thanking you

shaik (s)     16 October 2011

Hello Sir,

This is Shaik Khadar, I was married in 2008. My wife doesn't belongs to BC-E category by name (PATAN). But, I am belongs to BC-E (shaik) category.

I was confused and I need some sugeestions from you.

After marriage, whether she belongs to BC-E category  or not?

If yes, which document we need to submit to get BC-E certificate for her.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register