Share More

(Guest)

Basic principles for conduct of departmental inquiry

Basic principles for conduct of departmental inquiry

The petitioner has relied on the judgment reported in AIR 
1986 SC 995 (Sawai Singh Versus State of Rajasthan). In paragraph 16, 
the Hon'ble Supreme Court has laid down as follows: 
"16. It has been observed by this Court in Surath Chandra C
Chakravarty v. State of West Bengal (1971) 3 SCR 1 : (AIR 1971 SC 752) that charges involving consequences of termination of service must be specific, though a departmental h
enquiry is not like a criminal trial as was noted by this Court 
(1964) 3 SCR 25 : (AIR 1963 SC 1723) and as such there is no such rule that an offence is not established unless it is proved beyond doubt. But a departmental enquiry entailing 
consequences like loss of job which now-a-days means loss of 
livelihood, there must be fair play in action, in respect of an order involving adverse or penal consequences against an 
employee, there must be investigation to the charges consistent with the requirement of the situation in-accordance 
with the principles of natural justice in so far as these are applicable in a particular situation."

Bombay High Court
C vs Disciplinary Authority, ... on 12 August, 2013
Bench: Anoop V.Mohta, Z.A. Haq
 IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT BOMBAY, rt
NAGPUR BENCH, NAGPUR.

WRIT PETITION NO. 930/2013
Vinayak Narayan Navkar,
...VERSUS.....

1. The State of Maharashtra,

2. The High Court of Judicature at Bombay, Through its Registrar (Judicial),
Fort, Mumbai - 400 032.
3. The Principal District and Sessions Judge 
Disciplinary Authority, Chandrapur,

PRONOUNCED ON : 12.08.2013 .1
Citation ;2013 (6) MH L J 119

https://www.lawweb.in/2013/11/basic-principles-for-conduct-of.html

Learning

5 Replies

vinit (assistant)     13 November 2013

I WANT TO KNOW THAT TA IS ADMISSIBLE TO ATTEND THE DEPARTMENTAL INQUIRY OR NOT .

I AM SUSPENDED FRM BANK ON 19TH JUNE 2012. AND BANK ALSO LODGE FIR AGAINST ME ON 19TH JULY 2012. THE TRAIL IS IN COURT AND BANK ALSO START ENQUIRY. I WANT TO KNOW WILL TA DA WILL PAID TO ME TO ATTEND THE ENQUIRY BECAUSE INQURIY INITIATE OUTSTATION . I SENT THE 3 TA DA BILL TO MY BRANCH MANAGER BUT HE SAID THAT I AM NOT ELIGIBLE FOR IT BECAUSE I AM DEFENDED MYSELF , I ALSO WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH SUBSITANCE ALLOWANCE PAID TO ME NOW. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW I AM NOT GETTING SINGLE BUGS OF SUBSITANCE ALLOWANCE IN CASH. MANAGEMENT PUT ALL SUBSITANCE ALLOWANCE TO MY LOAN ACCOUNT AND NOT PAID A SINGLE BUGS TO ME IN CASH. IS IT LEGAL. AND MANAGER PUT HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT FROM LAST ONE YEAR THEN HOW CAN I SURVIVE BECAUSE NO TA DA WILL PAID TO ME ATTEND INQUIRY FROM STARTING THE INQUIRY AND NO SUBSITANCE ALLOWANCE PAID TO ME IN CASH AND PUT HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT ALSO. PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT WILL I DO.

THANKS

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 November 2013

TA is admisible for attending inqiury.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 November 2013

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Ta-and-subsitance-allowance-92213.asp#.UpnulCfQyVE

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 November 2013

also repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=92214&offset=1

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2013

you can open a few more threads on this site.

you may either challange the proceedings

or

let the proceedings be there in your absence due to non-payment of subsistance allowance later challange the penalty on this ground only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register