LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     15 October 2011

Bar for stern action against attackers of fellow advocate

'Stern action' against miscreants who assaulted advocate Prashant Bhushan in his chambers opposite the Supreme Court of India was advocated by the Bar Association of India today.

In a statement a day after the incident, the BAI 'urges the authorities to take stern action against the miscreants and the organisation they represent within the parameters of due process and the law.

'Every Indian citizen and every human being is entitled to express his views without being intimidated in any manner. The attack on Prashant Bhushan is an attack on the legal profession and human rights and one fears the safety of our judiciary.' 'It betrays a mindset which is subversive of democratic freedoms, our secular ideals and the rule of law.' The BAI is 'appalled at and strongly condemns the attack... Our hearts and sympathies go out to Prashant Bhushan and his family.' 'To prevent such future acts,' the BAI 'calls upon authorities in consultation with the Bar to put in place a credible and effective security mechanism particularly in court complexes and adjacent areas to protect judges and lawyers.'

SOURCE: UNI

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 October 2011

Mr. Makkad

what is your personal opinion on this matter, i am with Prashant BHusan

Rohit Shukla (Engineer)     15 October 2011

@ Dear Sir, I am an ex fauzi and served in area's as a part of my duty and may exactly not agree with what Mr. Bhushan has said. But still I am against and very ashamed with what happened with an eminent and more imporatantly a Sr. Citizen like him who is of our father's age. Nothing can justify this kind of merciless behavious. Dear Sir, don't you think that it's high time we should take some tough stand which could be demonstrable to masses so as to send some strong signal? Do we have any provision in law for this for this kind of act?

Regards,

Rohit

(Guest)

We have to support Mr Prashant Bhushan, As we are living in independent country and everyone free to follow his/her thoughts or to support anyone.

No boundations on these things is allowed.

Those law-breakers really needs to be penalised & punished imediately.

As per me, It's NHRC case. They immediately needs to interfere.

Also, Comments of Mr. Bal Thackeray is too wrong against this issue.

Is it acceptable to him, If someone do all this with him ?

Very wrong act done with Mr Prashant Bhushan, I support him anyhow and with him and full sympathy with him as well with his family members ?

Regards,

Abhinatre Gupt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register