LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A Truthseeker ( A retired Indian citizen)     17 January 2010

Bar Council of India and RTI Act

The Bar Council of India has opposed to be under theRTI Act as it is not financed externally and its members are self employed.

true the Bar does not owe to anyone as it is directly patronized by the litigants. but The members of the Bar can not act unilaterally witout its other limb i,e Judiciary. the ultimate purpose of the RTI Act which is a product of thought inherent in the Constitution to safeguard the interest of the public and advance the cause of the systems like Judicial system would be defeated if both members of the Bar and the Bench are not made equally responsible to the public to whom they pledge allegiance.

Learning

4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     17 January 2010

I fully agree with you.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     27 January 2010

ABSOLUTLY RIGHT YOU ARE.

Firstly Supreme Court Judges, then bar council trying to get out from the attraction of the RTI.

What a nice culture. Better RTI should be repealed.

NEERAJ KUMAR MODI (CS FINAL STUDENT)     14 July 2011

THERE HAS BEEN DISPUTE ON THIS ISSUE THAT WHETHER BAR COUNCIL COME UNDER RTI ACT OR NOT? AND BAR COUNCIL OF INDIA ALWAYS SHOWED ITS CONTENTION ABOUT THIS. BUT ACCORDING TO MANY ORDER GIVEN BY CIC TO BCI TO GIVE INFORMATION UNDER RTI. I.E IS SAY IT IS COVERED UNDER RTI. UNDER RTI EVERY PUBLIC AUTHORITY NEEDS TO PUBLISH ELECTRONICALLY ALL RELEVANT INFROMAITON ABOUT ITS OFFICE UNDER RTI CODE ON ITS WEBSITE AS WELL AS PHYSICALLY AND ALSO NEED TO MENTION THE NAME OF PIO OR APIO. BUT BCI IS ADHEREING TO THAT PROVISIONS IS THAT NOT THE VIOLATION OF LAW OR NOT.              PLEASE REPLY...............

MOBILE 09878143416

NEERAJ KUMAR MODI

Vishwa (translator)     14 July 2011

Whatever be the stated objectives of Bar Council of India and the state-wise Bar Association, their main functions seems to be to protect crooked and corrupt lawyers from any action being taken against them for their misdeeds. What a disgusting farce!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register