Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. NVM Basheer (Advocate)     04 June 2010

Banning a web site on the basis of a private complaint

Dear Experts,

One of my clients is approached me with a serious complaints that a group of unknown persons posted serious allegations against his business in a web site.  He put a written complaint to the police office, they enquired the matter but still their posting/publishing is continuing.  Now my client had put the following questions in front of me, if any one this club can help me on this matter, it will be great:

• Can he file a suit to ban this site?
  • Can he get an injunction as a temporary solution to ban the site?

Regards

Adv. NVM Basheer

Learning

6 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     05 June 2010

yes , he can file a suit for injunction and also for damages.

TAPASH (senior audit assistant)     05 June 2010

I think first you have to enquire the domian registrant of that website where posting made. You can make a letter to the webmaster of that website regarding complain. This is the quickest process. Webmaster can ban that person's posting. If the site is a forum based , then the site owners perhaps already put disclaimer for comment, so banning will be a problem here. Contacting webmaster through site's contact info side by side police complain is better.

Adv. NVM Basheer (Advocate)     05 June 2010

Thanks,  but the problem is that those persons can post allegations by using different e-ids, isnt it?

TAPASH (senior audit assistant)     05 June 2010

Not at all , when the webmaster know the issue, he/she can ban or autoban any negative comment on the issue, or with the name of the busness of your client. If we provide the website name where is posting happening , i can help you better....

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     18 June 2010

That's well said.

Notification of your objection through a notice to the person making the allegation and

the medium that publishes the allegation should be the first step.

But this should be done only when you are pretty sure that you are righteous and the allegation is false.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 June 2010

IT MIGHT BE CYBER CRIME. GO TO POLICE STATION.

MR TAPASH ALSO GIVE GOOD SUGGESTION.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register