Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadev   09 December 2015

Bankaccountdetails_propertydtls_parents

Respected Lawyers/Members, 

My wife is harassing me for permanent alimony of 40 lacs which i refused as I am a salaried person working in a small private company . I am not much aware about these laws and what happens in Court . Can you please tell me whether during divorce proceedings Judge would ask for my parents bank account details or the property documents of 1 BHK flat which we have in my dad's name to give her alimony if any .

I feel as a husband Judge should ask only for my details and not touch my family . Can you tell me the law behind it.

Learning

2 Replies

P.Bashista (Advocate)     09 December 2015

Time and again judgments have been passed by the Higher Courts that it is the husband who can be liable to pay maintainence to the girl and not the in-laws. Also she can claim a share in the properties which are in the name of her husband but not in the name of in-laws. In fact she cannot claim anything from your father. 

Mahadev   09 December 2015

Thanks Bashista Sir . You lessened my worries so much . It means Judge will not question my parents regd. bank account or property details .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register