LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijayalaxmi (Sr.Accountant)     22 January 2014

Bank related query

Hi I am Vijayalaxmi. I tried to withdraw money of Rs.2,000/- from AXIS Bank ATM(which is located in Chittor opposite to Rail way station on 10-11-2013) with SBI card of Anantapur. I did not get the money but I got a sms alert that the money has been withdrawn after 20 mins. Unfortunately I have thrown the slip also. I thought the bankers will revert me the amount within 3 days but they didn't revert. I made complaint in my home branch of SBI Anantapur. They had kept 2 times complaint and followedup but  still I didn't get the money. The AXIS bank send reply in this way that "Attended and Closed". There is no clear explaination in that. I made a call to customer care and complained. But no use I didn't get my money back. 

Every one are telling to approach Consumer forum. I don't know how should I proceed. Please let me know in which way I will get my money back.

Learning

2 Replies

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     22 January 2014

Madam

You need not go to Axis Bank. Since you are a customer of SBI, you have to write to SBI only.  As far as I recall, such issues involving card of Bank X and ATM of Bank Y are necessarily to be resolved within 3-4 days as per RBI guidlelines.

I would suggest this: (1) Write to your SBI Branch Manager, referring to details of the issue, past letters and correspondences, and give an ultimatum that if the matter is not resolved and a final reply received from his side within X no.of days, you will be constrained to escalate the matter to SBI Central Office and/or Banking Ombudsman and/or Consumer forum and/or courts. (2) If you do not receive any reply from SBI Branch Manager, lodge a complaint with the SBI Central Office (https://www.sbi.co.in/user.htm). You may also write to the Banking Ombudsman. See for the "Area of operation" column in https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=164#

You may, if you so wish, go directy to step2. SBI may tell you that "Axis is not giving money --- will credit your a/c when we receive funds from Axis" .. "pls speak to axis bank-- what can we do?" etc etc . Don't be taken by such excuses. You are an SBI customer and it is SBI's job to get your money back.

Ngaraj N Nyamati (Advocate)     08 February 2014

You have drawn cash in Axis Bank, with the help of SBI Bank card..When you used Card in any of the ATMs,you get message, if the amount is not dispensed/received. Have you read the message when you did not receive the cash. You have mentioned that you have thrown the slip. Did you gone thro the message which is self explantory. If the cash is not received it could have given message. If you have read the message/mentioned the contents of the message, it would be easy to clarify by other/public. After all this is machine, some time machine's hang up, there may be delay in dispensing cash by machine.

At this stage what happened to your withdrawal of cash also donot know. But you have received msg stating withdrawal of Rs.2000/- How it can come without using your card. 

Right now you donot have any proof to enquiry either axis bank sbi bank. So I suggest you go to your banker who have issued card and also axis bank by giving letter with all the details exactly what has happen to you and wait for some time and settle the matter amicably. 

Nagaraj N Nyamati

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register