LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJIV   02 May 2023

Bank is not released my property documents mortgaged against loan

Loan against property was taken from hdfc bank by my daughter by mortgaging my property. All the emi's were paid by me . now when i have paid the entire loan amount with interest, bank is not returning my property documents by saying the my daughter have some car loans pending with them. Can they withhold my property documents for car loans taken by my daughter. 


 5 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     02 May 2023

Dear Querist

You may send a legal notice to the bank for returning the property documents.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Mohit Chahal
WhatsApp No. 9968911099


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2023

You  first issue a legal notice to the bank demanding the property title documents, if the bank is not responding then you may take up the matter with the Banking ombudsman and seek its intervention  and fetch you remedy as well as relief.

If the banking ombudsman is also not respnding properly then you  may drag the bank manager to the consumer commisison seeking compensation besides the title documents, for deficiency in service  as well as for causing you mental agony.


Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 May 2023

Yes , bank's such act amounts their deficiency in  services, bank can't  retain your property documents. Issue notice to bank and demand return of  your property  documents,if notice not complied with  then file complaint before Consumer Commission  against bank.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2023

Yes, the Bank is unjustified in its stand.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2023

You have a good case to move to consumer court



banking ombudsman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register