25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shafi Shali (Consultant)     17 November 2014

Bank fraud/severe violation

I am a returned NRI from London .I am an account holder of Vysysa/Ingvysysa since my childhood kiddy bank account/basic account that dates back to 1984 or 1989 and we are also the building owners for the same bank at Holagunda of Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh. I was away from the country by my profession from 2005 to 2012. My account no.319010004356 and it was connected for my revenue receiving from India and also abroad


When I went for auditing in 2012, to my surprise, I find my account operated and transactions for an approx total amount of INR 24 Lacs are carried on regular basis while I was absent for many transactions, being away in a different country and then the manager refuses to give me the photocopies of the vouchers for the same to get them scrutinized and cross checked for my signature.


I have neither given POA or a Mandate to anybody and it is neither a joint account .


 12 Replies

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     19 November 2014

Sir, contact a local lawyer and file an FIR/criminal complaint as well as file a case in the Consumer Court immediately.


Shafi Shali (Consultant)     19 November 2014

Sir,where do i file the complaint,bangalore where the head office is located?or the jurisdication of the bank.? I filed the case with the customer care of the bank and also the banking ombudsman but is did not help me.i enclose the BO answer

Attached File : 472932141 bo order.docx downloaded: 78 times

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     19 November 2014

File criminal complaint with  the PS within the jurisdiction of the branch and before State Commission Consumer Redressal Forum of your State.

RAJU O.F., (Advocate)     18 February 2016

Banks are places to cheat gullible NRI persons who do not track transactions on their accounts. The culprits may be inside the bank or some others unconnected with the bank. You have to make criminal complaint at the territorial jurisdiction of the bank, and get the matter investigated by the police.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     19 February 2016

I am not surprised that bank did that with you.smiley

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     19 February 2016

For your information that bank is now merged with Kotak Mahindra Bank.  It is no more...

matt   05 April 2016

I tell you what might be happened.I saw a similar incident. A Bank Manager in my city was very wise.He first fetch the list of account holder of his branch who are not doing any transactions from a long period. Now He decided to use their money and invested in some Market.and after using their money when he got the profit also he deposited their money back into their ac.

so If you will file a criminal case you will get to know that whatever i was saying is right.

Get assignment help from professionals.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 April 2016

The attachment '

RAJU O.F., (Advocate)     18 April 2016

Banking Ombudsman or Consumer Courts may not help you in this matter. Since the amount involved is large CBI Court may take cognizence of the said Bank fraud. Proceed through an expert advocate in criminal side.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 April 2016

Agreed that querist should consult an able counsel for this matter.

matt   21 June 2016

Well i hope that read my previous reply.Its the fact that some of the Bank Officials has started mis-using our accounts for illegal activities.Like recently one of my friend got a notice from a private Bank that he is not paying their installments of loan he took.

My friend got surprised because when he applied for loan in past they refused so he never got any money.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2016

The querist has not posted in the very old query.

Deemed as closed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query