LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhrojyoti Sengupta   27 February 2023

Bank customer not returning the money credited wrongly?

Am a bank employee have wrongly credited 2 lakh to customer account having insufficient fund. Now asking customer to return it he is refuting the same 

Please guide how the money can be recovered and if he does not pay the same am I to repay and reconcile the bank accounts. 


 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 February 2023

Since it is your mistake and you have to morally force him to pay, however seek police help, relate the incident to Police they will call him and ask him for the source of money, since it is a big amount he has to disclose the source of money or he will be in trouble, so inform him first if still does not agree then file for  compliant.

1 Like

Subhrojyoti Sengupta   28 February 2023

can i file fir against him personally as police is denying to take the complaint stating bm presence and signature is needed to file a fir against that guilty person.


Lodge a FIR, If police is not lodging FIR, then file a personal complaint before the Magistrtae under Sec, 156(3) of CRPC

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register