Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karna Kutty   17 May 2023

Bank auction property sale certificate

Bank issued sale certificate for a house property to party B but bank told party B to wait for registration as the defaulter(party A) is now ready to pay the outstanding amount to bank and he put a appeal in DRT court. How long party B should wait. And what will be the correct approach in this case.


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2023

If the bank is not ready to register the property to you even after receiving the full sale consideration amount then you can take legal aciton agaisnt the bank by first issuing a legal notice demanding the registration or to refund the entire amount with interest. You can either approach civil court with a suit for specific relief or can file a complaint before the consumer commission for deficiency in service.

The bank cannot make you to wait for the disposal of DRT case filed by the borrower

Karna Kutty   18 May 2023

Thank u sir for your good advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register