Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balcony enclousre

Page no : 2

Hemal ganatra (Proprietor)     11 September 2018

In my opinion and as per fire brigade rules you cannot cover balcony by a fixed grill but you can put a collapsible gate with a lock which can be opened during emergencies like fire and even if action is taken against you on complaint , you will not be penalised. Please put safety grill immediately and don�t stay under any fear

Richard Levi   15 July 2020

Dear Hemant Agarwal Sir, 

After reading your reply in this post, I was curious to know if there is a provision in BMC, Mumbai to keep the balcony enclosed after paying a fee and/or a fine to BMC. I am facing a similar issue in my society, I got verbal permission from ex-committee to add a grill and tin roof and now the new committee is asking me to remove with a threat of BMC if I don't remove. The tin roof and grill was added for prevention from littering from above floors and safety issues. I really am in a need to know if BMC takes an appropriate fine and allows me to enclose the balcony officially from their office. I am unable to get a clear answer from BMC office so I am hoping that experts can help me in this regards in this forum.

Jehangir (Owner)     14 December 2021

I live in building under the Apartment Condominium Act. Is there any rule for installing an awning on my balcony as it's open to the sky, being on the top floor. The awning would be attached to the balcony wall and NO support from the floor. 

Looking forward to your replies.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jehangir Chinoy.

Pune.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More