LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikrant (it)     24 January 2010

balck mailing us

I got married in nov 2008. Three months back father of my wife take her back to his home. without reason .  now we are asking them to send her back but they refuses. 2 days back I called a meeting with some persons from my place and some from her place. In the meeting her father demanded for cash, jewellery and property of my father inliew of sending back her to our home. My father offers a rental house (rent will be paid by my father) but still they refuses.

In marriage all expenses occured by us and my father-in -law gave a 2 lacs cheque for doing expenses for food, furniture and all.

My wife threatend me of commiting suecide.

Please tell me what should I do.


 3 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     24 January 2010

Negotiate further and try to resolve the matter in an amicable way. if all the talks fail, then file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights (whereunder, if satisifide, court will direct, your wife, to provide you matrimonial pleasures). There is a chance, that, your inlaws may instigate a criminal case against you u/s 498-A IPC (dowry harassment). So be alert.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     24 January 2010

Dear vikrant,


Please dont do anything haste.  Just wait for good time to come to start negotiations fresh and try to discuss the exact problems with your wife's family and with your wife.  Settlement and negotiations are most important at this stage. Take the assitance of some family counsellors/ elders of the locality / politicians and try to make negotiations and purchase peace at any cost.  Life is short.  Try to live peacefully.  If you take any legal actions,  your wife may also take legal actions and both of you will loose peace.  I again say "purchase peace at any cost."

AS   26 October 2014

Nothing be prepared mentally and financially for false 498A + false 376 .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query