LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Project manager)     29 November 2012

Bail security

Hi, I have recently been asked by my close friend to provide surity to bail out his mother, who has been chargesheetd by Anti corruption court. I need to know what are the relevant documents that I can produce in front of Judge to give the surity for bail.

Thanks, Nitin

Learning

5 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     29 November 2012

The documents required for bail are first the identification proofs of the surety like your driving license, Aaadhar Card, or Election card and secondly the financial worthiness documents for instance a Bank FD receipt of like value or the Car registration , House registration documents these should be of lik e value. if the judge orders that the aTccussed shall be released on Rs 50,000 surety than the financial document you produce shold be of like value  eg your Bank FD should be for Rs 50,000 or more that would be seen and returned to you.

Nitin (Project manager)     29 November 2012

Thanks for the Reply Sanjeev. Does the Judge stamps the surity papers for instance Fixed Deposit and they cannot be withdrawn during the tenure of the case?

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     29 November 2012

The judge just grants bail the office staff sees the papers and stamps "seen for bail'. Nowdays the FD's are automatically renewed as the banks have auto renewal but ideally these should not be withdrawn during the pendency of case.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     30 November 2012

Thanx Sanjeev for completing the reply of the question unlike thousands of other learneds.

Nitin (Project manager)     01 December 2012

Thanks Sanjeev for all your help....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register