LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (fr)     10 September 2013

Bail from another city

  • Can any of us clarify,if ex compalins of 498a in city A in one state of crime against her in city A and city B(in another state)if Warrent is issue from city A can husband and relatives get AB/Bail from city B magistrate?


 6 Replies

Mohammed Sajid Khan (Advocate)     10 September 2013

Not falling under Jurisdiction of city B in this case.


No the court of city B will not give you A Bail/Bail as it doesn't fall in its Jurisdiction.At time few courts of different city have given Interim protection for few days to the accused and instructed to apply and seek AB/bail from the court in whose Jurisdiction the crime has happened.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2013

The place(State) of offence is considered for granting Anticipatory Bail; no offence reported to have occurred in other state, hence AB cannot be granted in B city of other state

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     10 September 2013

bail can be filed only before the court in which the jurisdiction has lies

Raj (fr)     11 September 2013


offence has mention both in city A &B.

Then can he get AB/Bail fom city B in different state.



Mohammed Sajid Khan (Advocate)     11 September 2013

Regardless of occurence of offence in city B as well, he will not be granted AB there, becoz case was not instituted there. This privilege is for institution of the suit in either city, not for getting AB.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query