LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal_Help (Consultant)     27 June 2011

Bail Bond Cancellation


There are 5 accussed in a case, chargesheeted by the police and cognigence taken by the CJM court. Case is now pending in the trial court.

Trial court is asking the accussed to appear for charge frame but the accussed are not appearning, always giving some reason or other. They are just delaying the process.

Finally the court has said that if they wont appear on next date it wil cancel the Bail Bond.

What does it mean? If the bail bond will get cancelled then what are the options for the accussed? Does it mean they will get fresh bail or will have to go jail? If they will get bail then they will try to delay the proceedings by not appearing..what to do in these case?


 3 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     27 June 2011

Dear Rajeev,


If the bail bond cancelled they have to file fresh bail application with fresh sureties. Some times if they directly appear before the CJM, there is a chance of rejection of their bail application, if court finds that their absence from court is with out valid reason.

Hence it is advisable that, if the bail bond is cancelled, they should approach the district court for granting them bail and the district court will grant them bail or  condition bail stating that the petitioners should approach the concerned court with fresh sureties, that provides them every chance to get bail so as to avoid jail.



With regards

Sajeev Menon, Dubai

aaronholds   06 July 2016

In my state the Bail Bondsmen can revoke the bond if flight is suspected. Court has nothing to do with it when a bondsman takes the bond. The court only sets the bond, whether you make bond through a bondsman or not is your business.They are legally responsible to get you back to court or stand to lose a lot of money. Believe me, they'll revoke it. Think twice, this may really harm your marriage!


david lobo   07 January 2018

Dear Sir,


I am a resident of Thane. A year ago  I had given a bailbond to a friend involved in a criminal case. As I will not be in India for the next 2 years or more,  I wish to withdraw the b-bond . Appreciate, if you will advise me on the procedure to cancell the bailbond. Also, would that be a legal or custody problem for my friend. 

Thanks and with regards



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register