30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

russell sarkar ( Lawyer )     04 December 2009


what are the practical steps taken by a lawyer in guwahati to get a person out from police custody? What are the practical steps for getting anticipatory bail ? Plz suggest me the practical steps not criminal procedure code provisions. I will be very grateful for ur help.


 4 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     04 December 2009

consult a lawyer at guwahati.

Suneet Yadav (Lawyer @ Gurgaon)     04 December 2009

 file a writ petition in high courts if the police illegally detained that person,without permission of a magistrate.

Sandeep Kulshrestha (Advocate)     05 December 2009



In case of illegal detention you can file a Petition of Habeas Corpus before Hon'ble High Court and if it is not than file an application under section 438 for anticipatory bail before session Court.

k.kumar raja (advocate)     05 December 2009

sandeep kulshretha is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query