LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendran Dandapani (Programmer)     27 August 2010

Bad habit of good percentage of Chennai Lawyers

This is my observation and not to offend anyone. I had this experience of meeting a lawyer who came sometime back representing my bank who gave a homeloan to the registrar office. For the two visits and for every single call he didn't use his mobile. He was almost coming down at his knees for my or my builder's mobile to make local calls.

More over very recently I had an experience with a lawyer due to family problem of a friend. He was giving 'missed calls' when he wanted to communicate. The worst part is that when we had to travel together to Pallavaram, he was asking us to give money for train return ticket (for just 3 rs).

The same lawyer referred to another group for preparing some documents. His colleague was also for ten minutes in the midst of discussion was telling that the phone is not working and lame reasons. When my friend offered his mobile to talk and get the matter fast she used that connection to talk her personal issues too.

The legal profession and BL/ML is considered as professional courses. But why are practising lawyers so stingy, mean and unethical? Is there a bar council section where these guys can be brought to book to? MTC drivers have yearly courses organized to teach them how to behave in public. I believe such 'how to move in social' should be necessary for chennai law practitioners too. Definitely lawyers earn a good chunk for each case and all the lawyers I have witnessed above are well-to-do but why are they moving so mean?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.9271971251, 9960223100

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING THE MATTER KINDLY NOTE THAT.

1.YOU  SHOULD DISCUSS AND KEEP CLEAR TERMS REGARDING ANY COURT MATTER. HONOUR YOUR COMMITMENTS ABOUT FINANCIAL MATTERS ABOUT COURT EXPENSES.THEN YOU CAN CLEARLY DISCUSS ABOUT THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED  BY YOU WITH THE CONCERNED PERSON SO THAT IN FUTURE THE CLEAR TERMS CAN BE MAINTAINED BY BOTH THE PARTIES.

2.KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU COME ACROSS SEVERAL TYPES OF PEOPLE DURING DAY TO DAY LIFE ,IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE AND CHOOSE RIGHT PEOPLE. IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

3.KINDLY NOTE THAT QUALITY WILL ALWAYS COST YOU MORE.

GOOD LUCK.

(Guest)

Mr.N.B.Sawant sir. -- I really appreciate your fitting reply. Mr.Rajendran Dandapani ought not to have christened the topic as "Bad Habit of Good Percentage of Chennai Lawyers", since he quoted just two lawyers' instances out of about 15,000 lawyers in Chennai and came to a hasty conclusion. This is not like test-cooking a grain of rice!

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     02 September 2010

I came across this thread whilst casually browsing the forums. First I was not able to figure out what is the thread or its responses all about. It took a while for me to realise that it is a general opinion about chennai lawyers. I just thought of sharing this view of mine (directed at site admin) to see if we can have 'General Opinions'/'Articles' so that such threads could be taken over there. Within the forums such threads may be construed as offensive by sections of people and may not involve enough brainstorming.  We ought to see the truth in all threads even when it is offensive we should see how much good things that can be taken from it and learnt.

sangam kumar (Web Maseter)     15 September 2011

Legal consultation by Chennai lawyer, attorneys, solicitors, law firm Advocates & expert Civil, Criminal Lawyers in various cities in india. Chennai Lawyer's (advocate's) Network provides online legal help, legal advice, legal research in Chennai, india.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register