LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagadish paranjape (Advocate)     03 August 2009

Award under I.D.Act 1947

 An Award of reinstatement,but without back wages is passed by the labour court.Can the workman accept reinstatement and join duty and then  agitate for back wages by way of writ petition ?Is there case law of superior courts on the subject?


 1 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     07 August 2009

Better to approach High court against the award by preferring a writ petition

Reinstatement with backwages is a settled position

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register