LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K (a)     28 July 2011

Auction of marriage hall

I have a scenario which my friend asked about.  I thought this would be the right forum to get an answer to this.  My friend owns a Marriage Hall.  He was asking me if it is legal to "auction" the marriage hall for "RENT".  In other words, people who want to book his marriage hall on any particular day or two, should undergo an auction process and whoever bids the highest (with a higher limit) will be given the booking.  According to him, this would be beneficial to both the parties.  During non-auspicious days, the customer would benefit as he would get the hall for less rent and during auspicious days, my friend would benefit as he would get more than usual.

I was puzzled when he asked this.  But is it something that is legal?  If not why not and if it is legal, what are the other things he should be knowing about this whole process or idea.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.

Learning

2 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     30 July 2011

Being the owner of the property he is at liberty to rent, discount, let out for free or auction the hall bookings.  No legal bar.   

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     04 August 2011

Your fiend s the abolute owner of the said marriage hall. He is free to use it as per his desire. There is no legal bar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register