LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dario Dias (None)     25 November 2010

Associate Membership

On approaching the society for associate membership I was told that according to the bye-laws of the society in which I live, associate membership is not permitted.It has to be ammended in the AGM.Is there something that can be done regarding this matter ? The next AGM is expected a year later from now.It is a registered society

Learning

5 Replies

AMAR RANU (Legal consultancy)     25 November 2010

Associate membership is your statutory right as per law.

Apply to the society secretory on a ptrescribed form and fee and take acknowledgement.

If no response within next 45 days,approach your Registrar for necessary directions to your society.

Amar Ranu

Dario Dias (None)     25 November 2010

As associate membership is not supported / facilated by my society, the getting the prescribed form from the society is not possible.Where can I get the associate membership form and how much is the fee?

Dario Dias (None)     26 November 2010

I know that some one may say that let things happen first than react.But if the society refuses to accept the associate membership form, is there something that can be done or said there and there that would complie them to accept it.I am of the opinion that solving matters at the lower levels are better than escalating the issue higher.If the situation demands then I cannot help it.

AMAR RANU (Legal consultancy)     26 November 2010

First,you sholul learn as to how to live in a co-operative society in a city like Mumbai.

Thereafter,you go to Society Federation office in Fort and they will guide you further.

Any neibhouring such society office will provide you with further details of federation office with contact numbers.

Dario Dias (None)     26 November 2010

Thanks for your help Amar Ranu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More