LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

susanta (IT Analyst)     16 January 2016

Assessing officer for it refunds

Dear Tax experts,

  I have a small query. My income returns for 2015-2016 is yet to be received. My query is My Assessing officer as per my PAN address is in a different state than the place where the tax refunds were applied for. i.e as per my PAN, the assessing officer is Berhampur,Odisha, but the tax was deducted and tax returns filed in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.. So in order to follow up for my tax refunds, do I need to contact with my assesing officer in Odisha, or can I follow up with IT office in visakhapatnam.


Thanks for your help.




 4 Replies

jagannath magar   17 January 2016

You file online return to cental processing until at bengllarru. If any query visit income tax website

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 January 2016

Any people can check their income tax refund status online with some simple and very easy steps. income tax refunds status is a very easy service by income tax department of India for knowing the refund status online. A online refund status portal give the information of income tax refund status with few clicks.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     17 January 2016

Income Tax is a direct Tax and it comes under the Central Government, if you once paid the Tax, you can verify the same in NET at Income Tax Department Site. You can file your income Tax Refund as per rule. If you are entitle to get any refund if law permits you. If you filed IT as per your PAN number you may get IT refund as per same PAN number. 

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     19 January 2016

Your querry itself is not clear. You are mentioning "My income returns for 2015-2016 is yet to be received". If 2015-16 is Finacial Year, your Assessment Year will be 2016-17. In that case you will be required to file the relevent IT Return (ITR) before the due date, which is 31 July 2016 in most of the Individual cases. The ITR filing and everification is done on line through incometaxindiaefiling web site. You have to Register yourself. If you have already filed the ITR and verified either by ITR-V or everification, you can check the status of of your Return, whther received, everified, ITR-V Received. Assessed, Refund etc., from the the same website.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query