Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal Advice   04 December 2022

Artificial insemination

I'm 43. Husband refused for s*x point blank that he is not comfortable. This is after a few months of trying with failure and unable to perform.

I opted for ivf. Then came to light it while arranging finances that he is getting money from unknown people. He is unable to explain where they are from or why they Are giving him.

I earn but can't afford to pay for such frivolous loans. We are already living separately for 2 months , so can I go ahead with donor aperm? What if he refuses to donate sperm until I give him money ? Where does that end ? 

during a verbal altercation, he came on to me. I live alone so I am also scared for any physical violence.

finally does his debts make me responsible to pay up ?? Mine is hard earned and cannot really pay. 



 9 Replies

Shashi Dhara   04 December 2022

U can't discharge his debt or not liable to discharge his debt unless you are gaurantor to your husband or jointly loan taken.

1 Like

Legal Advice   04 December 2022

thankfully, I am not a guarantor. I am not even aware of his loans. It is only while arranging finances that I came across his accounts. I asked to talk to one of the people who was lending him money, but he refused to give any contact.

Any advice on the donor sperm rights for me? Or do I have to go around courts to get a divorce before proceeding for donor sperm? I dont want to be held hostage.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 December 2022

Refusal of Sex amounts to cruelty and a ground for divorce. Better go for a divorce and have natural insemination rather than artificial insemination. Judging by your query, your husband's conduct is such that the marriage is not going to work.

Legal Advice   05 December 2022

But my worry is that I am already 42+ woman and a divorce might take time to close.

After that, even clinics wont do IVF. 

So, is there a way to fast track atleast an legal approval for going for sperm donors while divorce is in progress?

Or he might just say that he will give his sperm meanwhile and not to go for divorce. THat is a little demeaning since there is no marriage but just using sperm.

Shashi Dhara   05 December 2022

Insemination and divorce is different ,you can go to insemination ,no one can force you to not to go for insemination ,you have right to become mother .

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 December 2022

There is no age bar for Love. 

Legal Advice   05 December 2022

The clinics want the husbands consent for donor sperm. I am just worried he might extort or take advantage of my age for giving me the consent on donor sperm. He is a man after all and no rush or biological clock for him.

Even if I want to use his sperm, I might be arm twisted into giving him money or whatever , I am just in a very vulnerable stage.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 December 2022

In that case go on giving him money to have s*x with your husband acting like a gigolo.

Legal Advice   05 December 2022

is there a way to go for artificial insemination procedures without the divorce decree? Is just a divorce notice or being estranged /separated sufficient? Please guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query