LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gautam jain (hr)     26 August 2012

Arrest warrant


I am from pune i have recieved an FIR Copy of my wife given at her station. Warrant is not issued still i am sundering at the court and appling for bail. 

What will happen if the bail is rejected will the judge send my family members to jail.

anything i should be carful of ....



 6 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     26 August 2012

dear querist,

first of all mention the sections under which the fir is lodged.if the fir is under 498 a then its sure after the rejection of bail application the persons made accused in the fir will go for remand or judicial custody.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     27 August 2012

Dear Mr.Jain,


First of all, since 498A is a cognizable offence issuance of warrant before arresting you is not required. They can arrest you even without warrant.

Since you have a copy of FIR - apply for Anticipatory Bail in the Court of Sessions of area wherre FIR is registered, as per the current trend - the relatives are almost sure to get bail, with husband also getting interim protection.


Adv. Bharat Chugh

*Supreme Court of India

*Delhi High Court

*Distt. Courts in & around Delhi/NCR

1 Like

sunderam s (ASM)     27 August 2012

If Judge called to present by the main accused before the court than what will be precaution to be taken by the main accused in anticipatory bail. as in my anticipatory bail, judge called me to present before the court.


what to do in the circumstances ?

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     27 August 2012

you should take the AB at the earliest to save yourself from arrest, if any.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 February 2017

do you really think that advise will change by scattering facts on so many threads.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads