LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Kumar (IT System Administrator)     17 November 2012

Arrage marriage without court documentation


A story of my naighbod, Before some months ago, His daughter got arrage marriage without and documentation, Like a social marriage, But girls did not get any respect from His houseband or Houseband family after 2-3 days of marrage.

So thats reason now Girls party want to divorse with houseband so that girls parrent arrage a second marriage,

On have some picture of marriage and nothing about documents, n that case should be divorse from court or nothing do anything just got a second marriage.


My question is

Boys party can case on court and WHY

Girls can get second marride If yes then How,


 4 Replies

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     17 November 2012

They must obtain a decree of divorce from the court.

mani (Audit Manager)     17 November 2012

Apply for divorce under mutual consent in the juristion family court where the marriage took place. 

Wedding invitation + photos are suitable documentary proof of the marriage having taken place.

Then the court will take up the hearing and after the final divorce order is received, the girl can re-marry.

Kindly note the marriage act for different religions vary and local lawyer will be able to guide though the exact process. 

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     25 November 2012

You have to take decree of divorce, no document of marriage does not mean thast there was no marriage....you can file affidavit to that effect and file petition for divorce on the ground of cruelty.. if the other party is ready you can file mutual consent divorce ptn after spearatrion of one year

Rakesh Kumar (IT System Administrator)     25 November 2012


Anamika, i agree with you, "no document of marriage does not mean thast there was no marriage".

BUt, Boy and his family does not agree for divorce but othersides girl and his family want to divorce. Then is this possiable, girl give divorce without boy acceptance.

2) Is this neesary divorce should be from court or girls give divorce from a social like you known panchnama (From head of village or sarpanch and etc) just like was marriage without court.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register