Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

latha   31 October 2022

Arguement with neighbourhood flat owner

Respected Sir / Madam,

I am a resident of Chennai city and I owned a flat.Our Apartment has 6 flats and out of that I was in 2nd floor flat. 

last saturday due to some electrical work I called for an electrical person who done the wiring of that Apartment in payable basis for my flat inside work.

he came only by 8 pm and did some electrical and plumbing work inside my flat and did some drilling also , the work was over by 9.10 Pm.

one of the flat owner in the1st floor shouted at me that it was (9.10pm) was UNTIME. so everyone in this apartment 

was getting disturbance because of this drilling work. blah blah blah.t

i too argued with him and after sometime his wife called me and asked sorry for his husband behavior. the reason behind is that his baby keep on crying frequently due to some health issue and because of this drilling work baby fear and shouted.

and also she told that his husband is an AC technician and whenever he went for some ac service to customer place they strictly will not allow him after 6 pm.

is that right SATURDAY 9.10PM IS UNTIME and DOIG DRILLING WORK ON THAT TIME IS RIGHT OR WRONG.

please put some light on the above issue as this is leading my mental pressure for the past 2 days.

moreover that both husband and wife and very close to me so that i am worrying about this argument.

Awaiting some advice on the above from Respected Learned people.

NOTE : NONE OF OTHER FLAT OWNERS NOT RAISED ANY ISSUE REGARDING THIS AND EVEN ALL FLAT PEOPLE DID THIS KIND OF DRILLING & OTHER WORKS IN THE PAST.

Learning

3 Replies

Shubhankar Roy   31 October 2022

The person shouted at you, may be mentally disturbed at that point of time and due to that he shouted. Later he realised his fault and embarrassed to say SORRY and so on his request perhaps his wife asked SORRY to you. And as they asked for sorry and you have a good relationship with them, so forgive his misdoing and move forward. If you carry the mental disturbance with you, your health condition will deteriorated. So keep aside the matter. If it happens again, then react.

latha   31 October 2022

Thanks for your prompt reply sir.

I am not at all going to react further, but just wanna know that 1 time drilling is a nuisance case or not and that too by 9 pm.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     31 October 2022

The simple answer to that question is that there is no such time specified in statutory nuisance law for noise pollution times; noise can amount to a nuisance at any time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register