IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

badrinathan (xyz)     13 June 2013

Aren't sure what to do , do i have to apply for divorce ?

Dear Team,

It's 2 and half yrs since i got married, there is so many problems between me and my wife.She has already removed 5 or 6 times the marriage Thali(rope tied in hindu marriages) and also tried committing suicide of same times.She doesn't want to hear even a word of mine.If i say something and if she doesn't  want to hear.she will harm herself and will act vigorously.if i say something again.she will start writing letter to local police commissioner stating that, she is physically and mentally hurt after her marriage, she is going to commit suicide and the reason for her suicide is me.Either she complaint me to police, file a case against me or commit suicide stating that i am the reason behind this.I am totally leading a life with scare and fear.Please any one of you suggest me what should i do? do i have to file any case? or how to protect myself from this situation.





 4 Replies


File divorce petition.  Its as good as staying with a time b-o-m-b.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     13 June 2013

A little more beneficial advice.

(1) Rceord all her ill-temperament behaviour with video camera having time-stamp

(2) file counter complaint to police station " threat to your liberty and balck mail" against your wife ( Sure they wont register, but insist a written complaint and acknowledgement)

(3) File divorce under cruelty sections with good lawyer after gathering enough evidences

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     13 June 2013

Yes, she infact is a time bomb. Without going into the facts as to who is right and who is wrong. It is highly adviced that you talk to her about mutual consent divorce, and if she is not agreeable, then prepare for a contested divorce battle. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like to spend some time behind bars.


Thinking about divorce and the stigma attached to it affects a lot of people who are literally suffocating themselves in their plutonic relationships. It better to bear the temp. emotional brunt of a divorce than to suffer mental and physical harassment of paying a visit to a VIP Hotel a.k.a., Tihar Jail and maybe breaking bread with leading movie stars.



upendra Singh Chandrawat (Advocate)     13 June 2013

Badrinathan@ dont take any legal action now 

I also have the same view like Msk-need-nuetral-laws &  fully agree with those suggestions. First you must be evidencialy strong so that you can prove the real facts or circumstances of your case before court/police prima-facie, all this process will take some more time but help you alot in future legal actions. Neither it is really tough for any one (Men) to present the real facts in family matters without proper evidences and as per current laws women are already strong, they have lots of laws in their favour by which you have to suffer/harm alot (as Adv. Prashant earlier said) but in real a men had nothing to do without proper evidence. 

it's the naked truth of your case now choice is yours

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query