Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     29 May 2010

Are the number of Courts/ Judges really less?

Are the number of Courts/ Judges really less? I don't agree with this as what I have seen that the Courts just adjourned tha cases and normally no useful hearings happen. The whole system is set like that the lawyers don't go prepared as they know that the court will give date and the judges even too prepare their mind that they have to give dates and dates.

Even if the number of courts are doubled, this is not going to solve any purpose until and unless the attitude of the Judges/ Lawyers improve and the only useful hearings happens in Courts.

Also all the reliefs are becoming discretionary to the Courts and law has lost its significance and has just remained in books. Even the SC provides discretionary reliefs seeing the face value of the Advocate appearing and the other factors whereas it should go strictly as per law irrespective of the type of case or the advocate.

Kindly give your opinions.

Learning

7 Replies

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     29 May 2010

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! I m also havin the same experience. Infact it happens in lower courts generally.  If u can’t get or if u fail to convince the judge for adjournment then u r not a good lawyer. This is the impression what V got from the seniors. Fortunately, V r not doing this business. But I don’t think that courts n judges are sufficient. The fact of the matter is that no. of judges and courts are definitely less as compare to our population of country and cases pending before each n every court. Again but this is not case of in Gujarat State according to me.

Daksh (Student)     29 May 2010

Dear All,

I do concur with both of you and would like to add that "yes we all know the problem is there but what could be the probable solution"

As it is evident from your view point there is a need to change the attitude of Bar and the Bench as well.

Once again kudos for attempting to know the reason of maliace in the system being reason of day to day misery of litigants and never ending "DADAGIRI" of have ones.

Best Regards

Daksh

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     29 May 2010

Dear Law Student,

Few years ago, maybe 15 yrs back, i read somewhere that there were 30 million cases were pending and for that number of courts are quite insufficient. Apart from that public is now more aware about their lawful rights and hence everyday lots of new cases pour in. So pendency increases while no. of courts are still not sufficient. Secondly, the efficiency is also there. IT has not made its way into the official work at courts. So, we need more courts with efficient staff including judges and advocates too.

S C DANEJ

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     29 May 2010

Even if the courts and doubled and tripled, the problem will remain as it is untill and unless the mindset of Judges and the Advocates change and there is accountability of each and every person.

What I see in Courts (Trial as well as High), the Judges complete their case by 12 - 1 PM and I am unable to understand how do they say that work load is more? I have hardly seen Courts working hard till 5PM.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 June 2010

I AM HAVING SAME OPINION WITH LEGAL FIGHTER - THE OBSERVATION OF MINE IS EXACTLY SAME.

BUT AT CHATTISHGARH, THE JUDGES WORK UPTO 5PM - I AM SEEING IT HERE.

THE CULTURE AND PRACTICE WITHIN THE COURT ROOM - IF CHANGED, THE CASE WILL BE DISPOSSED OFF MORE SPEEDLY.

(Guest)

Solution is very simply and good news I heard that a proposal for time frame is under consideration with central government.

If any public servant found inefficient to work as per time frame they should be simply kicked out on next day from public service  on finding of their report card whosoever a peon or a judge.

Then, everyone will see the change same day on its implementation that all the public servants just getting up early in the morning and coming out of toilets-bathrooms and straight way running at their work... If you meet them on the way and say "GOOD MORNING HON’BLE SIR".... they will even never reply for wasting the time in reply you and only run>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

INGLE G.[ADVOCATE]9421657505 (lawyer)     12 March 2011

NOT ONLY THE LESS COURT BUT SHORTAGE OF TALENTED JUDGES AND THE GROUP OF ALL FULISH PEOPLE NEVER INTERESTED TO BRING YOUNG N BRIELANT JUDGES IN JUDICIARY.THEY FEELS INSECURE ABOUT THEIR TALENT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register