Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BVS   15 July 2022

Are pics in "google photos" app is admissible in indian courts?

Respected lawyers,

Here is my scenario. I have clicked pics of a document on a particular date using my mobile and the pics have date and time stamp as well. The said pics were uploaded to "Google Photos"  during the said time.  After an year or so, my phone got corrupted and all the physical data got erased.  

Here is my understanding,

As the document is available only in web(means Google Photos), but not physically in the computer,  an electronic evidence along with 65b certificate needs to be filed.

What are the challenges with this scenario? How can we prove that photos are genuine and not fabricated? 

Regards,

Venkat

Learning

2 Replies

Yogendra Pratap Singh   15 July 2022

Hi, venkat, you can download the photos from the photos app and get them printed if you want to, and yes they are completely admissible  and since they ave time and date stamped, their shouldn't be any problem proving it.

BVS   15 July 2022

Thanks a lot Yogendra for your reply.  In my case , I need to prove the date and time of uploading the pic to Google Photos to prove that the fabrications happened later on the said date. When I click on the "info" button of the pic, it provide the date, time, file name, device name  and location. But there is an edit option on date and location fields as shown in attached file and this leads to lot of questions about the same. Is there any metadata to show the original time and date of upload.

Regards,

Venkat

Attached File : 874319 20220715160956 screenshot 2022 07 15 160832.zip downloaded: 42 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register