Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (sse)     31 May 2011

are marriage expenses considered a part of dowry

hi

my wife has attached a list of dowry articles in case against me in CAW cell  but there was no demand of dowry by me or my family ,but she has put kind of expenses in dowry list

1.she has put all expenses in marriage,ladies sangeet roka and engangement as list of dowry items .are food bill,entertainment bill,decoration of venue is part of dowry articles or not  ??

2. sweets and marriage card are also included in list .are they are also consider dowry ??

3. gifts(like clothes  etc) given to me ,my family and other relatives during marriage function are also consider part of dowry ??

4. dinner bills hosted by in laws ,sweets and gift exchange during social ocassions (like birthday ,new year diwali) are also consider dowry ??

my wife has put every possible expenses ,gift or small amount of cash exchange(like 5000) in dowry list .

i like to know what can be included in dowry item list ,please advice

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Marriage expenses are neither covered in DOWRY nor in Streedhan. Infact we are trying to build a better society by opposing hefty expenses in marriages. Marriages should be simple and the meaning of marriage should gain prominence over pomp and show associated with it.

Kindly read about DOWRY PROHIBITION ACT to know more about "what is dowry". BTW, giving dowry is also a crime !

2 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 May 2011

@ Author

Did not I say number of times here in LCI Family / Criminal Law Forums that such women always include "empty Johnny Walker bottle consumed during reception evening into streedhan list" :-)

BTW thanks for proving me right by this thread question of yours.

1. However, the answer to question as asked is a big NO.

Now I pitty time pass women writers here who gave me thumbs down to above Johnny Walker quotes.

2 Like

(Guest)

YEs she CAN INCLUDE anything according to her whims and fantasies. She can also claim that YOU had given her jewelry worth lakhs to crores (which you have never purchased at all). She can even ask you to pay against that Jewelry worth crores which you gave and took back (while you never did). But, Dowry Prohibition Act does not give weightage to whims and fantasies. Kindly read it thoroughly, and make people follow LAW (but you will surely need to fight it out strongly)

1 Like

Ghajini (SSE)     03 June 2011

Dont bother about such list

In my case she even put phone recharge- 50 Rs

Petrol (as she went to shopping) - 500 etc

Such funny things are usually covered

(Guest)

Mother-in-law aur sister-in-law ki jitni bhi cheezein wife ne dekhi hoti hain kabhi bhi, wo sab apne stridhan ya dowry mein likh leti hai, even those which she has actually taken with her...

But, if you fight it out then she will need to prove those things!

Parth Chandra (none)     03 June 2011

Just follow below points.

File an affidavit only mentioning the things which you might be having of her and tell the court that all other stuff is nonsense and you don't have knowledge of those stuff........

let them file the bills on your or your wife's name and proof of handing those things ever to you or any of your family memebrs.

Just chill, once you got bail in 498a....only cases that matters is DV/125 etc maintenance related cases where you may loose your hard earn money and custody where you may loose youd Kid (if any) if not properly contest...........

all other cases are bull sh*t......you can't get punished if not done any crime

For more information go through https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Judgement-helping-innocent-husbands-24586.asp and read relevent judgements......

Don't get carried away in befasul ke arguments in this forum as there are many psudo faminist which have just one work and that is to idiate on hubby's maintenance and argu on internet.......but you have to earn to pay fees to your lawyer

Keep an eye on this forum and go through each and every thread relevent to you and try to find out points and judgements helping to your cause

Dont't forget to help others in similar situation once you start helping your - self

Be generous in life and try to be liberal with everyone except those who have trapped you.......donate some money to everybody who is in need (Except ........) as you don't need to worry about saving anything for your spouse......This kindness will help you in buiding good relations

Listen good meaningful music.

Finally welcome to Mrutyu lok and remember that bad days never stays just as good days never.......

1 Like

sahara (executive)     14 October 2012

How do we prove that jewellery that my wife had taken most of  the jewellery with her  while leaving husband's house ?

How to prove that wife had actually taken some jewels belonging to her M-I-L too  while leaving?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register