Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Others)     18 July 2012

Are arrests made immediately if 498a is filed in andhra a.p

Hi firends,

I want to know whether there are immediate arrests in case of a 498a case being filed in Andhra Pradesh.

I heard and read in a website that Andhra Pradesh Police has stopped arresting the accused as soon as the case is filed without investigation.

I just want to know if thats true as I am expecting 498 to be filed by my FIL so I do not want my parents to be in any issues.

Thanks in Advance

Pawan

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

1)You can get AB.

2)Check 498a.org

3)Hire the services of some local lawyer

4)Read old threads from dowry section of forum.

Hemang (Advocate)     18 July 2012

When the Police registers a case against the accused, normally, the investigation is started thereafter. On appreciating the facts and circumstances of the case, the role of the accused and allied factors, the investigating agency has to form an opinion as to whether the accused has really committed an offence, or that what is the role attributed to him. The arrest is for sure, but as to when the arrest has to be made depends on the severity of the crime committed and evidence justifying such arrest.

sripada VRS (LEGAL AND FINANCIAL ADVISOR)     18 July 2012

498a in AP investigating officer rank is not less than DSP. so, immedietly not arrest but take him custody and investigage the case. if found offence then arrest and produce before Hon'ble court. if u think any arrest pl. file anticipatary Bail before district or High Court to avoid conseqences.

Ramesh Potedar (Advocate)     18 July 2012

Rightly adviced by experts. Apply for AB as soon as FIR is registered.

ravindra (Analyst)     18 July 2012

No police dont arrest immideatly they calls person and ask them to appear in Police station

Hemang (Advocate)     18 July 2012

If the complaint is registered, get the certified copy of the same from the court where the complaint is lodged by the police, apply for anticipatory bail, If you terribly apprehend the arrest. Serve the copy of anticipatory bail to Public Prosecutor in advance as also the investigating officer in charge of the police station.

Afthab أنور   18 August 2023

What's current status in Andhra Pradesh regarding 498a?

Amravathi.Vijayawada etc

As my wife has filed a 100% fake dowry complaint & AP police is calling me & family to come to police station.

My parents are senior citizens and ill.We are not from Andhra.have to travel more than 1000kilometers.police didn't say for what purpose they are calling us to their police station.only told my wife has filed a dowry complaint so u people have to come

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 August 2023

YOU ALREADY HAVE A THREAD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register