LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (Agent)     06 August 2013

Approx. maintainance

HI Experts,

My brother is earning 6800 INR. He is not qualified at all. He is just  a 9th pass from Govt. school. He is having a more than 10 years old bank a/c where he can show that he is not financialy strong. He is having a PAN CARD however never filled ITR. He is residing in rented house Rent 4000.00 INR (From last 6 months. ), He is not having any self acquired property.

Other Side

My SIL, she is having a baby girl. before marriage she was working in some cosemetic agency getting a salary of 12000.00 INR (PF was also deducting). after marriage she resigned but just now she again started working with same ORG. But we don't have any details of her employement except a PAN CARD number i have.

Current Scenerio : My brother, He is ready to reside with SIL but she is not ready as she is not willing to reside in a rented house. she is residing in our house (MIL House).

Now My query is How mch she can get as a interim maintenance. Is there any way to avoid Interim maintenance.????

Earnings : 6800 INR

Exp : 4000 Rent

Food etc : 2800 INR

He will say in court that he is unable to maintaine 2 kitchens & i am ready to take my wife responsibility ut she need to stay with me. This argument is fine to avoid interim maintenance or final maintenance.

Waiting for your advice.

Thank You


498A : Teri kehke lunga mein :P


 4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     06 August 2013

i think she will not get maintenance when she is earning.

Gaurav (Agent)     06 August 2013

Thanks : I have her PAN CARD number, No other proof. Please advice how i can prove that she is working. Is there any way to get PF details of her or any other to explore her???

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     06 August 2013

get het IT return from ITax dept through Right to Information Act to get details. If you know her PF number you can apply under the act also.


1.Collect her earnings proof by using her pan card No.

2. Tell your bro to send a Registered letter asking her to join where husband is living and keep them as proof.(if she doesn't appear,let her decide what she want,meanwhile stop giving money,the truth will come out in few months as she is working or not,she is going to file cases or not?)

3. Ask your mother to file civil suite for injunction against his wife and inlaws.

4. Tell your bro to stay happy do his job as usual and love his daughter (try to convince her wife)


A sufferer.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register