Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     19 March 2009

Apprentice act

Hi! can anyone descibe me the procedures of keeping apprentices in a garment factory in tamilnadu.

Learning

4 Replies

Hemalatha (Advocate)     20 March 2009

Hi Pragadeesh,

Here I have given a link it will helpful for you.

https://dget.nic.in/schemes/ats/Rules1991/Rules1991.htm

Regards,

Hemalatha L

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     20 March 2009

Hi hema!

thanks for ur speedy reply.but unfortunately that link is not working.pls scrap me the site or corrected link.expecting ur reply

regards

pragadeesh

Hemalatha (Advocate)     20 March 2009

Hi,

There is no state rules are under the apprentices act only central rules are enforced to all the states.
Under the Apprentices Act,1961 and The Apprenticeship Rules,1992

(1) Select trade apprentices with prescribed educational qualifications mentioned in Schedule I

(2) Proposed to engage Graduate or Technician or Technician (Vocational) apprentices - Select the person with prescribed educational qualifications specified in Schedule I-A of the Rule

(3) Provide the reservation of apprenticeship to SC and ST in each designated trade as per the ratio specified in Schedule II-A of the Rules (Tamil nadu Rule Ratio - SC -1:6, ST - 1:20)

(4) If the contract apprenticeship training enter into the contract and send the prescribed forms to the authority.

For more details i have given the link

dget.nic.in/schemes/ats/Rules1991/Rules1991.htm - 440k

regards,

Hemalatha L

Saravana Rajan   26 March 2009

Dear Hema, I went through your post. Thnx. Me too have a similar query. Does the law proovide any stipulated percentage of employment of apprentice in different industry.

To put it simple, does the law provide for the composition of employment based on skill levels ?

-Saravana Rajan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register