LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep   26 December 2016

Appointment letter withholding

I am employed as lab super. In a deemed university. I am doctorate in engg. I was interviewed for Asst. Prof in say X deptt. but was selected by panel for some Y deptt. Upon selection I was verbally informed and assigned teachings duties and asked me wait for appointment letter bit later university authorities told me that Since Y deptt is not ready to accept you so would not be given appointment letter. I have written record of my teachings (one semester) assignment and the denial of appointment letter. Can I get justice through court.?

Learning

16 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     26 December 2016

Dear Sandeep,

If you have sufficient evidence to prove that you worked with the concerned university without any appointment letter and if they deny to give an appointment letter at this stage, you can file a Writ Petition against the university before the Hon'ble High Court of your jurisdiction seeking for an appoitnment letter. 

Respected sir Thanks for encouraging response. I do not know ABC of law. I wish to know what are say chances of me ending up with justice as I have to take the risk being an existing employee of same deemed private university.

Respected sir Thanks for encouraging response. I do not know ABC of law. I wish to know what are say chances of me ending up with justice as I have to take the risk being an existing employee of same deemed private university.

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     27 December 2016

Under which category did you receive salary?1semester is 6 months.

Sandeep   27 December 2016

Respected Bedarkar g, Lab supdt. Is a non teaching technical position. I am receiving salary under this catagory in same university. During six months I was getting salary under same catagory too. Regards.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 December 2016

Is it Govt body

Is it Govt body

Is it Govt body

Sandeep   28 December 2016

No it's a deemed university run by a trust.(TIET university, Patiala)www.thapar.edu.

Sandeep   28 December 2016

No it's a deemed university run by a trust.(TIET university, Patiala)www.thapar.edu.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2016

If it is not a govt body you do not have any right till you are appointed. 

Yagyaa   29 December 2016

Dear professionals I am confirmed employee, and company had terminated my job on performance basis. Working on supervisory position (Sr.Manager) 1) Company terminated me on 16-Dec-16, with three months pay. 2) On 15-Dec-16 I marked the email to HR, for asking reason that I am voluntary willing to resign and wish to serve 3 month notice period. 3) Till date they have neither taken my acceptance on Appointment Letter and not issued it. 4) From 17-Dec To 19-Dec I was on sick leave, I applied leave on 19-Dec on email and its approved by my line manager on 19-Dec. 5) No written notice served, only one email received that you have not achieved your target. They assigned half of the company monthly achievement Pan India. And asked me to improve my performance with higher target. 6) No performance improvement plan issued 7) No reimbursement paid for last 6 months 8) I have their laptop due having copies of email. No they are asking to return. 9) Company is not performing for last 8 months that's why I voluntary willing to resign. I AM LOOKING FOR RELIEVING LETTER + CANCELLATION OF TERMINATION LETTER. Please suggest action. Yagyaa

Sandeep   31 December 2016

Deemed universities are bound by UGC rules/ guidelines in many ways including selection and promotion of teaching faculty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register