LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     08 April 2013

Applying for passport in 498a

My sister has been implicated as accused in a false 498a case by my ex wife. She has not been chargesheeted because the cops took bribe from us (by threat). Now she wants to apply for a passport to go abroad for studies. But at the cop station, they are simply delaying the verification processs saying that "her name is also there in the FIR". My sister has taken anticipatory bail.

How to handle this situation? If my sister is not going to be chargesheeted, then can she apply for passport? and if the police are troubling us, what to do?

Learning

9 Replies

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     08 April 2013

If the fir was filed under156(3) she needs to take permission from court where complaint was filed irrespective of whether her name appears in charge sheet or not.regards ASHOK

MrDinoMorea (O)     08 April 2013

Originally posted by : ashoksrivastava
If the fir was filed under156(3) she needs to take permission from court where complaint was filed irrespective of whether her name appears in charge sheet or not.regards
ASHOK

No sir it is not filed under that section.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     08 April 2013

File an RTI application asking why they are not proceeding with the verification.

www.mehnat.in

FN (Manager)     11 April 2013

a suggestion- Not sure if it works....but check and then decide...

go for tatkal PP. Get verification done by other concerned person....(info avail on PP website) i.e bypass the police..u will get pp in 7 days.......

but not sure as u have already applied for the PP.

fn

1 Like

Kiran (manager)     12 April 2013

Great reply by FN.

FN (Manager)     12 April 2013

thanksyyy kiran

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     12 April 2013

@author

It seems FN is brother of your wife and wants to help his sister(your wife).

MrDinoMorea (O)     13 May 2013

Thank you guys for your replies. We finally got it done by giving little money to the bikhaaris in uniform . They cleared the documents after that and my sister got her passport

FN (Manager)     14 May 2013

FN is nobody's brother...y are you making relations here....take a chill pill. relax and talk on topic...;)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register