IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai sai baba (No mercy for B)     11 May 2014

Application for return of streddhan/her belongings



I have 498 A running on me.

I want to file an applicaiton in the same court to judge that i have some belongings of my wife which she asked IO not to recover at the time of recovery, which needs to be taken from home.

I want judge to order IO to take all the belongings from my parents place, which may help in taking out 406IPC.

Will it work?

else I will to throw her belongings, i am so much frustrated.


 5 Replies

ADVOCATE TRILOK (CRIMINAL family PROPERTY topfreind@gmail.com )     11 May 2014

It will be mistake on your part and will prove your guilt, take proper advice from the advocate.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 May 2014

Submit an application to the court giving particulars of the case and details of articles you want to hand over and proceed.

Donot make a mistake of throwing

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     11 May 2014

1. Before grantimg AB, the Court ensures that Section 406 has been complied with. i.e. Streedhan has been recovered,


2. If the report of IO does not mention compliance of section 406, the Court orders for complying the same,


3. What is the matter in your case? Has the IO left some of the articles of your wife but reported that 406 has been complied with for which you have got AB?


4. If so, i.e. if the police has reported that the Streedhan has been recoverd from you, then you are free from the responsibility of safe custody of  her articles,


5. If not, then file an application praying for direction upon the police to either collect the Streedhan from your place or receive the artcles at police station to be sent by you for handing over the same to your wife.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2014

If she has not lodged a complaint seeking her streeedhan u/s 406 of IPC, let she come out with n application for that, then cross checking her list, you may return them in front of the court/police, until  then, in my opinion you may wait and watch the situations.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     12 May 2014

move an application in the court regarding to return rest of the stridhan of your wife which is kept with you as per the list given by your wife to the police io , get order from The court and hand over the remaining articles which are with you to police io in the presence of at least two witnesses and received the detailed sign. copy .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query