Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjivani (Advocate)     04 June 2009

Application for Notary Public

Hi,

My Name is sanjivani working as an advocate in mumbai jurisdiction since last 10 yrs. I wanted to apply for notary public and I am novice to it.. Could any one of you please guide me through the procedure, for the application of  Notary public...and how much it will be costing to me..

1) Where will be the form available ,(2)  How and where to submit the form

(3)toal

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     04 June 2009

Qualifications for appointment as a notary

No person shall be eligible for appointment as a notary unless on the date of the application for such appointment-

(a) a person had been practicing at least for ten years, or
(aa)a person belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes had been practicing at least for seven years, or
(ab)a woman who had been practicing at least for seven years, as a legal practitioner, or
(b)he had been a member of the Indian Legal Services under the Central Government, or
(c)he had been at least for ten years,-
(i)a member of Judicial Service; or
(ii)held an office under the Central Government or a State Government requiring special knowledge of law after enrolment as an advocate; or
(iii)held an office in the department of Judge Advocate General or in the legal department of the armed forces.)

Procedure for appointment of Notary Public:
1)Application for appointment as a notary
2)Preliminary action on application
3)Recommendation of the competent authority
4)Appointment of a notary

1 Like

Sanjivani (Advocate)     07 June 2009

Thanks!! for th reply, But it would have been really good, if you would have let me know the details where to sumbit the form and how much total money i would have to spent in getting the notary public, & who will be the right people to go with in getting the notary...Possibly if you are aware of the same...

Regards,

Sanjivani

rohin kumar tenneti (advocate & consultant)     08 January 2014

I am practicing as a Tax consultant and enrolled as an advocate never attending Tribunals and Tax appellate authorities from 1999,am I eligible to become a notary public?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 June 2014

For Details See Notary Acts and Rules. Application has to be submitted to the Law Secretary after completion of necessary formalities. As per the Notary amendments Acts, you have to sit for examination for appointment as a Notary. Contact Law department of your State.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register