LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balakrishna (HR professional)     21 November 2009

Applicability of TN Shops and Establishment for Factories Act

Is there any requirement to register under TN shops and establishment act for a new manufacturing company which is yet to start its construction and it is in its project phase Hence we have only office where we operate i have come to know that we have to register the company for TN shops and establishment act can any of our experienced member guide me on the same. Looking forward for expert opinion Regards, Bala.

Learning

6 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     22 November 2009

The registration under Tamilnadu Shops and Establishment Act is not mandatory. It is only required to maintain certain obligations mentioned in the Act like maintainance of registers, display of notices etc. 

S V Narayanan (Personnel Manager)     22 November 2009

As said by Mr Prakash, there is no 'Registration' under TN Shops & Establishment Act...there is a display to provide details regarding office time, employees list, etc...if you require specific details please email to svnlas@gmail.com

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     23 November 2009

Definitely your company is not liable to be reigsrered under the provisions of Shops & Establishment Act.

elango (proprietor)     02 December 2012

Dear Sirs

I have retail showrooms in chennai. Please let me know, if i am supposed to get any license from th govt etc.

thanks & regards

subra51   03 August 2015

I Am Associated With a Special School For Spastic Children. This School Is Run By A Trust And Has About 1000 Children In Three Locations. Recently The Tamilnadu Government Made ESI Act Applicable To These Schools. So The Covered Employees Are Given Sick Leave As Per ESIC Rules. Does Tamilnadu Shop And Establishment Act Apply To These Schools? If So Whether Sick Leave As Per This Act Is To Be Given To Those Employees Covered By ESIC? Can Any Body Give A Link To The Relevant Notification Of The TN Government?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2015

@Subra51,

The Labor Law Consultants/Law Firms, HR Consultants in Tamilnadu and even Inspectorate of Tamilnadu Shop And Establishment Act can provide it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register