Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     22 June 2013

Appealing against interim maintenance under dv act.

While drafting an appeal against Interim Maintenance order passed under DV Act., Do i need to mention the whole scenario which I had already mentioned in my Divorce petition ?

Just for your info., A divorce petition is filed at Bandra Court which is still pending. An Interim maintenance order is passed for her under DV Act at the Kalyan Court and Am appealing for the Interim maintenance order at the Sessions Court at Thane.

Request you to reply asap.

Many thanks in advance !!!!

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Victim of Marriage

While drafting an appeal against Interim Maintenance order passed under DV Act., Do i need to mention the whole scenario which I had already mentioned in my Divorce petition ?

Just for your info., A divorce petition is filed at Bandra Court which is still pending. An Interim maintenance order is passed for her under DV Act at the Kalyan Court and Am appealing for the Interim maintenance order at the Sessions Court at Thane.

Request you to reply asap.

Many thanks in advance !!!!

When it is maintenance under DV act.

Talk only about what you earn and what your expenses are, and what her income is.

And explain in detail your part of the story, whole of it, do not leave a single instance. What your wife did, how she was behaving, how she has concoted a false story and filed a false case, provide all documentary evidence related to the case.

Sessions Court will look into the matter from both angles and then set aside if no domestic violence has occured.  if your wife is able to prove that domestic violence has been meted out on her, then definitely  you are set for facing more problems.

1 Like

Praveen Kumar (Intern Lawyer)     24 June 2013

I am agree with Legal Advisory. Try to explain the date wise incident of cruelty and you should have the proof for the same to produce in the court as and when require. Further you need to enclosed the documentary evidence of your income and expenditure along with your wife in your petition for interim maintenance.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 June 2013

Dear Querist

I completely agree with Helping Hand !

(Guest)

@Querist, 

No appeal shall lie at this stage.Wait for the decree of divorce. 

Further....{only if a genuine need arises thereof}

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register