LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B.kumar (Director)     27 February 2014

Appeal time in 138 n.i.a.

I had cases with my client & friend under 138 N.I.A.. He died & his son took over cases. I paid 3/4 Amounts of cheques.He stopped coming to court for long time. Judge Dissmissed cases[TWO].One year is passed ,since then there is no notice of Appeal by court or his lawyer. Can he do anything After one year ?I wants to go abroad & apply for visa ,will this affetct me?pl. guide me this is urgent !Thanks.----B.kumar


 5 Replies

Daksh (Student)     27 February 2014


Evidently the period for filing appeal in S.138 N.I.Act is one month.  As I can see from your message you wanted to know what alternatively could be done.  To my mind still three years have not passed a suit under Order XXXVII C.P.C. can lie in which application under Order XXXVIII Rule 5 CPC can be filed.   It is advisable to get the certified copy of the order of the case to know the factual matrix better.  I hope this clarifies  


Best regards



B.kumar (Director)     27 February 2014

Hello,Mr. dash, I have got copies from court in which they [judge] has mentioned that you are Acquitted. what now ?---b.kumar

B.kumar (Director)     28 February 2014

Hello, Pl. guide me .It is urgent as i want to Apply for VISA. URGENT ,URGENT .--Thanks--B.kumar.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     11 March 2014

now you are acquittal from this case, apply visa now, no need to worry

B.kumar (Director)     14 March 2014

Thank you v.much sir.--B.kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query