Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kusumlata   16 June 2016

Appeal against section 24 and 26

hello, i am 44 years old lady, my husband filled divorce case. in reaction to that i filed 24 n 26 for maintenance, i have two minor kids. family court grant me 50,000 per month maintenace, my husband went to high court and got stayed on family court order. its already 5 months when 24 n 26 order passed. my question is can i also file any case in high court for enhancement for maintenance pendalite.


 5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     16 June 2016

Yes you can. A counter application for revision against the order of the family court against the amount of maintenance allowed to you and your children. You have to have sufficient evidence on record about his actual income and the necessary expense that you have to bear for yourself and your two minor children.
1 Like

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     16 June 2016

Hi kusuma,

Pls dont mistake me.  What you feed children gold powder and diamond powder? Why you need so high maintenance, are the children or you suffering from terminal disease?

1 Like

naveen (business)     16 June 2016

Well said Dana kayoni, Kusuma don't try to trouble without valid reason. If both cannot cohabit and continue in the relation it better to depart and lead happy life by forgetting all unwanted situations of past. Think positively.
1 Like

ramesh   17 June 2016

@kusumlata u r seems to b a very clever Lady, well indian laws r made for smart womans only, but i only request u tht jiyo aur jine do, tke mcd don't misuse laws

Born Fighter (xxx)     17 June 2016

If husband has succeeded in getting stay on maintenance order then he seems to have ground/counter evidences for reducing the maintenance amount granted to you n kids.


what is husbands salary ? what is your qualification/work experience /income ?.............all these aspects along with EVIDENCES will have to be studied to give you advice on whether it makes sense to appeal for enhancing maintenance granted OR if you have extra money go ahead and file it as revenge against husbands case in HC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query