LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek (Lead)     29 March 2014

Appeal against RBI deputy governor ombudsmann


Where can i appeal  against RBI bank deputy governor Ombudsman ??


This is related to bank interest rate is not correctly paid. I made an appeal in UCO bank OM(but not satisfied) then in RBI OM but  I am not satisfied with RBI deputy governor reply   so now i want to appeal against RBI deputy governor Ombudsman.


Case in Consumer court would be legal against this  ?if not, Please suggest some other way.





 7 Replies

Daksh (Student)     29 March 2014


In my humble opinion you can file a Writ Petition in an appropriate court having jurisdiction as RBI is very much covered within the ambit and defination of "State".


Thanks and best regards



Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 March 2014

Agreed with Daksh.


Within the Dept. you can forward to Governor and Ministry of Finance.

>>> Department of Customer Service

  • Administering the Banking Ombudsman (BO) Scheme.






Fax No.

Dr. Raghuram Rajan
Reserve Bank of India
Central Office Building
18th Floor,
Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
Mumbai-400 001.




Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 March 2014

Mr.Daksh suggestion can follows.

Vivek (Lead)     29 March 2014

Thanks Daksh,Kumar and Rama.

Vivek (Lead)     29 March 2014

Can i also appeal in consumer court ?




Daksh (Student)     30 March 2014


Strictly in technical sense there is no estoppel in filing a consumer case but the bank can take a plea of alternate remedy as such still in my humble opinion Writ Petition is a right remedy in the instant case.  By the way thanks for your appreciation. 

Best regards



Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     03 April 2014

File a writ petition before HC of your area against the order 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query