LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mesuggest (prop.)     27 May 2015

Appeal against order in case u/s. 420 of ipc

I directly filed one case u/s. 420 of IPC which was sent for inquiry by Police u/s.202 of Cr.P.c. and the Police Report was biased and hence negative and accordingly the Hon'ble JMFC Court dismissed the case.

What is the time limit for Appeal againt such Order 

In uch Appeal, can I pray the Court to do inquiry by other Police Officer.




 4 Replies

bsrao   27 May 2015

No appeal against acquittal in a complaint-case is maintainable to the Court of Session and for an appeal to High Court, the complainant is required to seek 'special leave' of the High Court under Section 378(4).

60 days from the date of acquittal order is the time limit for an appeal.


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 May 2015

You can move to the Sessions Court u/s 372 Cr.PC within 30 days of order.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2015

Yes appeal u/s 372 cr.p.c. can be filed before sessions court against the decision of the trial court. 

Bhasin...... (ADVOCATE)     16 January 2018

No u may not appeal to sessions in pvt. complaint case as its unmaintainable. Your remedy is to approach HC under special leave..moreover in non-cognizable and bailable offence resulting in acquittal Single Judge Bench of Himachal High Court comprising of Ajay Mohan Goel, J., allowed a criminal revision petition holding that an appeal against an acquittal, where offences are bailable and non-cognizable, lies in the High Court and not in the Court of Sessions Judge (Criminal Revision no. 168 of 2010; date of decision March 16th. 2017 - Pushap & Anr. vs State of H.P.) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register