Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandha (NIL)     11 December 2012

Any time limit for filing case on criminal intimidation




My in-laws came with some people, threatened my mom who was alone in the night.  By the time I reached home, my wife fled with them with all jewels &  cash.


My mother did not file any case at that time, because she thought it would strain my & my wife's relationship with her.


Now it has been more than 7 months. Since reunion is getting impossible, can my mother now file criminal intimidation cases against my in-laws? The neighbours have seen them threatening my mother. They threatened my uncle & aunty over phone and when my relatives were with us, they called me, i put the phone on speaker phone and my relatives also heard them threatening me.


I am sure they will file DV & 498a on us to harass us, can my mother now file criminal intimidation case on my in-laws after a gap of 7 months with the help of witnesses?


Is there any time limit for filing criminal intimiation from the date of the incident? 


Please advise. Thanks


 4 Replies

manoj (designer)     12 December 2012

you can surely file a case on your wife for threating your mom and take neighbours along with you and file a complaint on her in laws.

if the money and cash is yours you can file a case on that do. your mom is a female too ask her to file a case against them and threating a woman who was alone in her house.

for details on section of ipc visit some websites .and also record the conversation of the voice if you talk to them.and think to defend yourself from 498a and dv

manoj (designer)     12 December 2012

there should be men's welfare association near your place find it and have suggestions with them and study case related issues of men being accused for false 498a and dv cases

Nandha (NIL)     12 December 2012



Thanks for your comments.


I want to know whether the law permits to file a complaint of criminal intimidation after 7 months of the incident.


Would be grateful to hear from experts.



manoj (designer)     14 December 2012

yes definitely you can approach a near by lawyer .

to get ideas how to file a case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query