LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

great india (manager)     28 January 2014

Any remedy/ alteernative

1. civil cours back on desertion and cruesband 2 yrt sec 13 hma contested divorce case going on filed by cruelty......just before expartee, wife appeared and filed 24hma 6mnths back

2. 2000/month interim pendente lite granted and 5k litigation charges.

3. sec 9 restitution+125crpc in family court same district filed by wife.....cross of wife over where she refused co habitation with husband and agreed working in past.

4. in divorce case wifes lawyer applied for strike off of my evidence due to non clearance of arrears of 17000 and dismissal of case. 
magistrated asked me to file a say.......
i just paid 2k

5. can payment in 24hma adjusted in 125crpc final maintenance....????????

6.if i wish to withdraw divorce due to financial constrains....will it hamper me in near future.
wife and me seperated since 2 yrs

7. is any remedy or alternative....will wife get money in 24hma as well as 125crpc if i fail to prove desertion by her......

8. rcr clubbed with 125crpc with common judgement....

9. please advice dear experts 

Learning

4 Replies

great india (manager)     28 January 2014

corrected query as below

1.filed divorce in civil court sr.division against wife based on desertion and cruelty 2 yrs back under sec 13 hma contested divorce case going ......just before expartee, wife appeared and filed 24hma 6mnths back

3. sec 9 restitution+125crpc in family court same district filed by wife.....cross of wife over where she refused co habitation with husband and agreed working in past.

4. in divorce case wifes lawyer applied for strike off of my evidence due to non clearance of arrears of 17000 and dismissal of case. 
i just paid 2k

6.if i wish to withdraw divorce due to financial constrains....will it hamper me in near future.

7. is any remedy or alternative....will wife get money in 24hma as well as 125crpc if i fail to prove desertion by her......

9. please advice dear experts 

(Guest)

corrected query as below

1.filed divorce in civil court sr.division against wife based on desertion and cruelty 2 yrs back under sec 13 hma contested divorce case going ......just before expartee, wife appeared and filed 24hma 6mnths back

Opinion: That's common amount if is she is not working.

Opinion: If she is accepting No cohabitation then that is the catch.

But have she mentioned from which date? if she is accepting that No cohabitation from last 2 years then automatically she herself accepting the ground of desertion as Divorce which you have to prove that such No cohabitation was due to her.

i just paid 2k

Opinion: Write a strong say on the plead of the opponent lawyer.

As his plead will be not entertained due to her separate case of maintenance i.e 125crpc. already going on this issue.
So, how could divorce petition will be dismissed on such arguement.

My concern to you is:

If that amount as Interim was impunged to you then why you have not gone for appeal?

My view is that she has got a very genuine interim better pay her arrears and fight your contested divorce on the ground of desertion+ mental cruelty as you have a good case in hand.

Opinion: It depends on the appellate court as no court can give multiple of of maintenance order at a same time.

Better go for appealing if you have a case.

Opinion: Don't withdraw the case as you have to start again from the begining.And at that time also you have to give money for filing the case,dates,arguements and again interim will start....

So, better close this case on merit and don't worry about 2k/pm as an interim.

Opinion: Only one maintenance is allowed,No multiple of maintenance given by different courts.

If interim cancelled then 125 crpc or if both cancelled and divorce been granted then U/s 25 follows.

Opinion: So,what..!  fight on merit and wait for the order. If you feel aggrieved with the maintenance order then appeal in session court within 30 days of order.

great india (manager)     29 January 2014

hey saviour... thanks... 1. no maintenance as yet in 125 crpc as i asked her to join matrimony. 2. 17 k was arrears in hma 24 i paid 5 k again just today and asked for time to pay remaining amt. 3. 2 k per month is ok.....as pendente lite 4. i thought the deserting wife would feast on both hma24 till divorce judgement as well as 125 crpc.... 5. i heard that the law is settled now and doesnt allow multiple maintenance but cant find any relevant references and judgements. 6. my lawyer misguided me that she would enjoy both maintenances.... 7. plz guide me experts ......thanks in advance

great india (manager)     29 January 2014

hey saviour... thanks... 1. no maintenance as yet in 125 crpc as i asked her to join matrimony. 2. 17 k was arrears in hma 24 i paid 5 k again just today and asked for time to pay remaining amt. 3. 2 k per month is ok.....as pendente lite 4. i thought the deserting wife would feast on both hma24 till divorce judgement as well as 125 crpc.... 5. i heard that the law is settled now and doesnt allow multiple maintenance but cant find any relevant references and judgements. 6. my lawyer misguided me that she would enjoy both maintenances.... 7. plz guide me experts ......thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register