anti dowry act

my wife has claimed in her dv and 125 case that her father has given huge sum and many costly items in dowry. can I file case against them under anti dowry act as giving and taking dowry both are crime?

The penalty for giving or taking dowry. If any person, after the commencement of Dowry Prohibition Act, gives or takes or abets the giving or taking dowry, he shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees, or with both.


Don't indulge in adventurism and indulge in something that may create problems for you. If what your wife alleges is wrong, you have got nothing to worry as the onus is on them to prove their case. Get in touch with a lawyer who is able to defend you effectively.

Total likes : 2 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x